Rhythmic Lamentations In A Minor Key

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome" -Jimi Hendrix

Saturday, June 04, 2005

why...?

salty memories
upon my cheeks
why can't i ever be
the one he wants
the one he needs
why is there no "begin"
only words filled with
"let's just be friends"

am i not good enough
loud enough
strong enough
smart enough

why can't my feelings
ever be returned
why do i end up
feeling burned
by the lack of love
from someone else
what is it
i need to tell myself

to get through one more day
feeling so damn alone
one more hour
when there is no one
to share my dreams
live my laughs
see sights unseen
fly on wings
souls flight
talking and love-making
into the night
small kisses
and eyes to fall into
warmth to share
smiles that melt into wishes

where
why
can't there be at least
one small beginning
before the ending?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home