Rhythmic Lamentations In A Minor Key

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome" -Jimi Hendrix

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Poison Rain

We talked for hours
and
you didn't consider me
when
the venom came
like a rain
beating a tempo
upon my heart
poisoning
what I felt was good
strong
those things that
would come about
in time
never existed
you laughed
out loud
at your own ignorance
bliss
for you
as it seeped
through
my veins
twisting and stabbing
the whole way
I try to smile
to laugh
to cry
to put the razor down
the urge
to cut out that pain
remove it
somehow
from myself
it never goes away

"in time"
you say
as if you know
anything
nothing
of what you've done
to me
for me
in spite of me

those words
like harsh angry rain
sheeting down
sideways
into my eyes
blurring my vision
my ideas
my hopes
stinging with each
word
you flung at me
like the arrows we shot
at the festival
haphazard
wild
but still
hitting the mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home