Rhythmic Lamentations In A Minor Key

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome" -Jimi Hendrix

Friday, November 18, 2005

Waiting

I think I've spent half my life
waiting on this train
slowly walking the tracks
shielding my eyes
from the blinding
glare of the burning sun -
so afraid
I would miss this ride
to where?
I never knew.
At times I thought I did
but I was always wrong
I was always on the wrong track
-waiting at the wrong terminal
while my ride went somewhere else
showing tourists sights to passengers
that weren't me
They hadn't a clue I actually cared
about the sights they were seeing -
While they covered their eyes in boredom
I was sitting waiting for this train
covering my own eyes -
from the blinding sun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home