Rhythmic Lamentations In A Minor Key

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome" -Jimi Hendrix

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Addicted to Fantasy

(This is really an unedited version of this "poem"... haven't really worked to refine it much, since to me it all looks like toilet paper...)

I wonder if you know
about the days I sit and write about you
trying so hard
to make my ink into your flesh
something to lay my hands upon
something warm and full
the
All of you
I probably would never see
not in any lifetime
that somehow
It was me
You picked out
to add to your collection
and now the dust collects upon my brow
as you continue to shop for more
forgetting you ever selected me at all
and so I write you into my life
to somehow inject you into my veins
with the bitter black ink of my pen
I crave you and your heat
those things you want so bad
that I blush just to give you
Along with that thrill
that rides me along on a trip
into you
and your world
And I never even knew who you were
who you are
who you wanted to be
You just faded out on me
like the words on this page will do one day
I couldn't make you real...

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home