Rhythmic Lamentations In A Minor Key

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome" -Jimi Hendrix

Monday, January 30, 2006

Safe in you...


[yes, I realize this is... very unedited... needs some work...but...]




Like the wind you caressed me with your hug
Surrounding me safely as if I were a nest in a bough

And I can only truly show you my faith in you
With these words
With my poems
I can expose myself so much easier here
Among these beautiful letters and lesser used punctuations
In our world of spoken words
I can only hide
Afraid of what you might hear
Of what you might think
That you would think me foolish
For my words

But here
I am safe
Like I feel in your arms
Like I feel as your soft hand moves slowly down my cheek
Like I feel lost in a kiss as you hold me like the wind

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home