Rhythmic Lamentations In A Minor Key

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome" -Jimi Hendrix

Monday, November 21, 2005

Artificial Life

You're not real
like me

with your sweet fake smiles
and false hello's
the way you stare
as if you expect me
to go Loco again
Scream, Smash, Slash

And I never even touched one of you
or toyed with any of your precious 'validators'

I knew I could never touch
you
with my words
they would be gravel
ground up by your heels
as they come from my heart
through my mouth

with your footprints brightly
tattooed on my bloody tongue -
your cold warming hugs
would squeeze the okayness out of me
cutting off my real air
my life-lines
all the things that make me real

I picture you
snake-like
slithering
up
up
up to my mind
where you hope to find
something dark and disturbing
to condemn me for
you need your judgements of me
to try to make yourself more real
to make me less real
to make me less
to make me
real like you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home