Rhythmic Lamentations In A Minor Key

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome" -Jimi Hendrix

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

(untitled) more toilet paper... please excuse, it's unedited.

Who can I be
who do I hope to see
what will I find
some piece of my mind
fractions of what once was
excuses of 'because'
why why
no answers are found
my "used to be's"
lay barren on the ground
can't you see
it's all my "once was me's"
it's who I want
who I am
Sister-mother-lover-friend
life is gone
gone
and why
the tears come out dry
it's like my soul
knows what I've done
sees the good in me
is gone
and why
can't I stand alone
two feet down
and empty hands
heart open
eyes shut wide
this emptiness I
can't abide
why
do I settle
for something less
always
knowing I've missed
the rest
forever
answering to others
sister-friend-lover-mother
Mother
why
deep inside
soul-hole
bleeding for respite
never whole
why can't I
stand whole

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home