Rhythmic Lamentations In A Minor Key

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome" -Jimi Hendrix

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Shadow of hue

In the dark
you seem almost real
almost whole

Skin silhouetted
against the moon glow

Soft and sweet
the smell of you
Sinking into me like
the soothing warmth

of sunshine

Almost healing my wounds
almost touching my
dark places
where no-one cares to go

And I find those salty
reminders
of who you are
threatening to fall from the
corners of your
Beautiful eyes
and my soul aches

Wanting so badly to make you whole
to make your soul shine
to lick those tears from your heart

But

I know I am nothing to you
that I am so much smaller
than the ring you quietly
slipped from your finger
hoping I wouldn't notice

And I knew then
my true smallness
I could then feel your wholeness
as you lay
Soul bared
in the darkeness of our moment

With your life
vibrating beneath my fingertips
Telling your whole story

Whispering it to my soul...

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home