Rhythmic Lamentations In A Minor Key

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome" -Jimi Hendrix

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Reading You

You are the written words
by which I live

I want to read you into forever
until I have memorized every line
every verse, every page

I want to read you like braille
feeling your words beneath my fingertips

reciting you over and over
until I know you by heart

I close my eyes
and inhale
the scent of your well read pages
breathing deeply again and again
all of you

I can feel your heartbeat
in the vellum that is your life
vibrating lightly
in rhythm to my need

You are the rare book
I handle gently
protecting you forever
from those who do not appreciate
such beautiful art

You are my guide
my map
my bible

My autobiography...

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home