Rhythmic Lamentations In A Minor Key

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome" -Jimi Hendrix

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Life Support


My heart aches for you, tattered, shattered

Beyond words, as I can do nothing to save you

Heal you

Wounds open, with no cure, no relief for the pain

And I scream, stream tears, shedding over and over

At the thoughts of all I cannot do

To erase the presence of this horrifying monster that has stolen your life

Forever

My words are just empty letters, falling onto a page

For no words could ever encompass this deep tragedy

And you

Innocent – stand by, lost, wandering, already covered over in grief

Not even knowing how to swallow the bitterness of what is happening

Has happened

Not knowing if you even can… or want to…

I am so sorry, to the core of my soul - I truly ache with your agony

As one who can do nothing to free you from the realities of this harsh and brutal journey you must face

I love you so much my friend, as if always you were somehow sister to me

In another life, another time – connected

And always

I am here – arms out… heart out… these are all I have

My words just will not do…



~To Annette... for Dear Piers, he has not left you alone... I love you my dear friend. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home