Rhythmic Lamentations In A Minor Key

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome" -Jimi Hendrix

Sunday, June 19, 2005

drunken confessions

that night
it was raining
so hard
i kept asking
you
to repeat yourself
out of disbelief
confusion
the rain
so loud
so resonant
wanting it to block
out your words
wash them
away
pounding in my head
in beat
to what you were saying
imagining
it was only the sound
of the rain
knowing it was
your voice
drunk
but honest
harsh
lightening
smashing
bringing the hairs
up on my skin
electric
vibrating
in echoes
with your truths
while the rain
washes it all down
like the bitter pill
stuck in the back
of my throat
choking my realities
cutting off my air
blinding me
blind-siding me
flooding me
drowning me
watering it all down

with liquored shots
of your truth

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home