Rhythmic Lamentations In A Minor Key

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome" -Jimi Hendrix

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sitting @ the bookstore June 1, 2006

this isn't fair
when I think I've got it all
I see it's gone nowhere
it isn't right
to just create a fight
where there is nothing
just raw nerves
all open and bare
just a wounded heart
just needs you to care
you jump the gun
thought you were the one
maybe I was wrong
been there before
maybe if I just gave some more
now I'm cut - bleeding inside
feel like something inside me has died
don't want to explore
just want to cry some more
this isn't just pain
it's a certain kind of death
of a deeper part of me
of all that was left
can't get outside to stop the bleed
you were all of me
all I need.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home